Dreaming of Coco Chai
Wednesday, 1st November 2017
As my friends and I got into the thick of the Deepka Launch Party held a few weeks ago, a new cocktail was invented! I wanted to experiment with a few flavours to welcome the warmer season, so I opted for a tropical spirit - Malibu! It's one of my favourites, so of course it turned out better than I expected. The recipe is easy and delicious, so I hope you will thoroughly enjoy it - it’s the perfect cocktail for a beach day, a cute little picnic or a summery night in!
(approx. 6 serves)
- 750ml milk of your choice (visit The Art of Chai for the best options)
- 360ml Malibu (or to taste)
- 30g Deepka Chai (also to taste)
- 6 sticks of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of honey/maple syrup
- Handful of crushed roasted almonds or pistachios (or both!)
~ Iced Deepka Chai ~
1. Heat 1.5 L of water in a pot.
2. Add 30g of Deepka Chai and boil for 3 minutes.
3. Add 750ml of milk and bring to the boil.
4. Strain, place into a container and refrigerate till cold.
~ Cocktail Mixture ~
1. Place 360ml of Malibu into your cocktail jar.
2. Add the Iced Deepka Chai, and a few cubes of ice.
3. Place honey/maple syrup and crushed nuts on two separate flat surfaces.
4. Dip the rim of your preferred cocktail glass in the syrup, followed by the nuts.
5. Pour Coco Chai into the glasses. Add the stick of cinnamon on top for a delicious, fragrant stirrer. Feel free to garnish with ground cinnamon or nutmeg.
I would absolutely love to hear how you went with your Coco Chai - feel free to leave me a message on the contact page and share the deliciousness!